Binding and Liner Instruction
REFLEX SKITEC BINDING OVERVIEW
The Reflex system, like with any other precision mechanism, requires that the mounting and adjusting instructions be followed exactly. Along with following these instructions, proper maintenance must be used in order to avoid serious injury or death.
- You must have the factory measurement from your ski manufacturer of where to place your front binding on your ski.
- Place plate and boot on ski and line up the hole pattern from the plate to the inserts of your ski. The plate has holes for virtually all ski brands but small adjustments are sometimes necessary. In this case use a “rat tail” file to send the plate holes until they line up perfectly.
SETTING UP THE TENSION OF THE RELEASE MECHANISM
The release mechanism must be set in accordance to the weightand the skiing style of skier.
For the large majority of skiers, the tension on the release mechanism should be set between 4 and 6. It is not recommended to set the tension on the release mechanism over 6 except for high level Trick skiers.
Doing so might prevent the system from releasing when necessary and cause injury or death.
Position the Boot between the front toe horseshoe and the release – you should feel a strong resistance before the release system clamps.
HEAT MOLDABLE LINER INSTRUCTIONS
1. Pre-heat oven to 212 degrees F (100 degrees Celcius)
CAUTION - Do not heat above 212F or 100C. Be certain that your oven is accurate.
2. Place liner in pre-heated oven for 5 minutes.
3. Place two athletic socks over your foot. The socks provide additional space and protection from the heat during the molding cycle.
4. Once the liner has been heated, using gloves, remove the liner from the oven.
5. Slip your foot into the heated liner and pull completely over your foot.
6. Quickly place your foot into the hardshell binding. Buckle your binding so that it is just snug. Do not over-tighten the buckles during the molding cycle.
7. Stand-up and allow the liner to cool for 5 minutes.
8. Remove foot and repeat steps if needed. Liners can be reformed at any time.